In our competitive health care landscape, physicians are pressed to form coordinated, high-value partnerships with health care organizations to align payment models, care delivery practices, and functioning capabilities. True physician alignment has never been more important as referral leakage costs American hospital systems more than $150 billion a year,1 coupled with the financial impact and constrained patient volumes related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Be the content resource physicians count on to enhance care and outcomes
Physician-based print and digital communications—like those Krames produces for health systems nationwide—deliver current, credible, and in-depth health content to support physicians in optimizing outcomes. Content becomes a catalyst for action, reaching physicians in their preferred formats and prompting them to refer patients to an organization they trust.
Sustain or ramp up your physician outreach with magazines, e-newsletters, blogs, news briefs, infographics, and other content that can:
- Establish your organization as a thought leader and trusted information partner by sharing content that educates physicians about medical innovations, new technologies, and patient outcomes
- Tell compelling patient stories to showcase your organization and highlight providers and their dedicated care
- Introduce new physicians, specialists, and services—key in making referrals within network
- Showcase physicians by enabling them to share their experiences and expertise with colleagues
- Provide valuable knowledge on current medical topics—plus compelling offers and calls to action
- Increase awareness of clinical trials and research efforts
- Communicate care changes or limitations related to COVID-19, including differentiators in your care and safety protocols (telemedicine, for example)
- Track ROI with unique URLs or referral phone numbers
- Help fill the void of COVID-19-cancelled educational conferences and networking opportunities
- Solicit feedback from colleagues about future topics of interest to your physicians, in particular
Continue to build physician engagement, referrals, and revenue
When you engage physicians—and keep them engaged—via print and digital content, you’ll benefit from a consistent flow of new referrals, an increase in your patient base, and bolstered revenue. You may also realize improvements in patient care and in the ability to scale your organization.
Lehigh Valley Health Network, in Allentown, Pennsylvania, works with Krames to publish a quarterly clinician-focused magazine highlighting priority service lines. A 2019 reader survey revealed that 82% of respondents found the publication to be very helpful or somewhat helpful in learning about the network’s services, physicians, and capabilities.2 Seventeen percent of respondents reported making referrals to one or more network physicians as a result of reading the publication.2
Our Krames editorial and design teams can build your health system’s communications with new custom content, licensed Krames content, or a combination of both to help you educate and gain referrals—and look good in the process.
1 Accurate information using ReferralMD Provider SmartMATCH reduces leakage. Referral MD Website. https://getreferralmd.com/track-patient-referral-leakage. Accessed October 21, 2020.
2 Effectiveness survey results: Better Medicine. StayWell/Cheryl Stone & Associates, Ltd.; 2019.